The Importance Of Landscape Business Management Software Support
You do not want to purchase business management software and (a) use it incorrectly, (b) use less than half its features, or (c) have to keep using your old spreadsheets. The vendor you go with should offer preemptive support to help you get the most from your software.
It’s hard to change—no doubt. But change you must when you purchase business ERP software. Your reports and processes no matter how inefficient are habits. Habits are hard to break. Great support helps you form the right habits to efficiently use your software.
The term "support" can be used as an ambiguous catch-all phrase. There are many flavors and types. Does "support" mean, email, phone (recorded or human), forums, knowledge base, other? Make sure you understand all the support options being offered and are comfortable with them.
Support Questions you should ask during your selection process.
- How will we learn how to use it?
- Do you have a user’s manual?
- Do you have training videos?
- Do you have user support groups?
Do you come to our place to train us? Or is it all done remotely?
- Who does that and how often do we see them?
- Do you have a support center?
- How does it work? Phone contact? Web contact? Both?
- How much does support cost?
- How long does it take to get a response?
- If I cannot get a good response, how do I speak to a supervisor?
- How much training is involved?
- How are new releases trained when the software is upgraded?
- Do I have to pay for that?
- What are some of the issues that other people have experienced in training?
- How did you address those?
Strong Landscape Business Management Software Support Makes A Difference
When you think about it, why would you buy anything as complicated as business management software without an owners’ manual and a support life-line to help you make the most of your investment?
Great support cuts through complexity and helps you get the answers, assistance and results you need in the most efficient way possible.